You're in mile 18 and all you have to do is get to the next water station. Up ahead you see them. The group of happy cheering volunteers handing out half-filled paper cups of water. Only a few more steps and aawwhh! You're there! Take a break! Walk a few minutes! And enjoy the sights and sounds. You deserve it!

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Loved the run! Hated the wind!

It was a beautiful day (once the sun came up) for a run in the Garden.  Team was there bright and early.  I wasn't awake yet.  Picked up my coffee on the drive in.  Had breakfast then too - Clif Chocolate Brownie Bar.  Later wished I'd eaten earlier.  Got in 6 miles with my buddy, Cindy.  Then we walked another two.  I think we both had 8 on the schedule so that covers it.  Eight miles in the Garden isn't easy; heck 6 isn't!  One teammate did 12.  Hope she ate something decadent after that run!  She deserved it.  Photo courtesy of the Garden of the Gods - Colorado Springs, Colorado website.

Well Mother's Day is fast approaching!  Thought I'd remind everyone just in case.  Got my order in on my favorite website - QVC!  I'd tell you what it is, but I'd like it to remain a surprise for my mom.  Tell you later!  Don't forget to get your mom something special on her special day.

No comments:

Post a Comment