You're in mile 18 and all you have to do is get to the next water station. Up ahead you see them. The group of happy cheering volunteers handing out half-filled paper cups of water. Only a few more steps and aawwhh! You're there! Take a break! Walk a few minutes! And enjoy the sights and sounds. You deserve it!

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

No Turning Back Now!

In a brief moment of insanity (or runner's high from my training run today), I registered for the Denver Marathon on October 17th.  This will be my second time running this race.  I've done the 1/2 marathon also in 2008 (would have done the full but was recovering from ITBS).  Anyway, it is a fun race if the weather plays along.  In 2008, it was 34 degrees and drizzled the entire race.  I took me nearly 30 minutes in the shower to thaw my butt out.  In 2009, can you say "OH MY GOD, IS IT HOT?!"  We had had a blizzard the weekend before and on race day, no such luck - sunny and 85!  I matched right along with the Country Music Marathon I ran earlier in the year in 96 degrees.  That race I just wanted finish.  So if the weather gods can play nice with us, it should be a good race.  If not, I'll be cursing the entire way - just like last year!

4 comments:

  1. I will be signing up next week! I have my hotel reservations (planning on staying Sat & Sun night)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool! I was planning on signing up for R&R Denver, but signed up for Chicago at the last minute.

    It should be a fun race since it's rock and roll this year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that one sounds cool, I loved running in Co!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow! Can't wait for the post when you finish that one ^_^ Take pics! I'm sure it'll be a beautiful course.

    ReplyDelete