You're in mile 18 and all you have to do is get to the next water station. Up ahead you see them. The group of happy cheering volunteers handing out half-filled paper cups of water. Only a few more steps and aawwhh! You're there! Take a break! Walk a few minutes! And enjoy the sights and sounds. You deserve it!

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Review - North Face Women's Nimble Zip Jacket

General Features (from Altrec.com)
Standard fit
TNF™ Apex Aerobic fabric wind permeability rated at 10 CFM
Quarter-length, center front zip
Lower hip stash pocket
Hem cinchcord
Zipper refer to the side-pocket zippers only
Avg Weight: 355 g (125 oz)
Center Back Length: 26"
Fabric: 90D 248 g/sq m (73 oz/sq yd) plain-weave 4-way stretch TNF™ Apex Aerobic with DWR

And in my opinion...
First let's see what the  fantastic CO weatherman has on schedule for us.  Please show us the weather report for Saturday morning: Scattered showers. Cloudy, with a high near 47. South wind around 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%.  With that being said, I knew I needed to have something for a nice jog in the cold rain.  So I picked this jacket up at Dick's Sporting Goods (several online sites offer it). 

LOVED IT!  Initially, I was thinking it wasn't going to be enough.  The wind was blowing out the south pretty good and it was drizzling/foggy.  But as soon as I got going, I warmed up perfectly.  It blocked out the cold wind and I could see the water beading up on the jacket.  Now, I did have two shirts on underneath (1 LS/1 SS) so I did get a little cool later in the run but come on, I'm trying to move a mountain here with two chunks I call legs so I sweat! 

I picked it up in the Melon Red since that was the only color in my size other than Black and I have enough of that.  Very pretty color.  The shirt ran large and long.  At what point did companies start to think that making a shirt longer makes it a bigger size?  Need some wiggle room here buddy!  Dick's Sporting Goods sells this jacket for $59.  Highly recommend it.  [ Updated: Me in my new coat during the weekend run!]

No comments:

Post a Comment