You're in mile 18 and all you have to do is get to the next water station. Up ahead you see them. The group of happy cheering volunteers handing out half-filled paper cups of water. Only a few more steps and aawwhh! You're there! Take a break! Walk a few minutes! And enjoy the sights and sounds. You deserve it!

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Product Review - REI Woodridge Fleece Hoodie

I thought every once in a while I'd throw in a review of an item I've tried out during a run.  This past Saturday, I tried out the REI Woodridge Fleece Hoodie - at REI.com  I've always wanted a 3/4 zip fleece, but haven't found one I liked.  This one actually has a kangaroo pocket that goes all the way through which was nice to keep your hands warm.  I was able to keep my inhaler and cough drops in it with no problems. 

I really didn't need the hoodie.  I think not having a tie string makes it pretty useless in any Colorado wind.  The zipper doesn't go up the neck very high so it doesn't get tight enough, but could help out with eliminating cool-down chills.  The sleeves have a nice band at the wrist so it doesn't hang down too low.  Nice scroll design on the left shoulder adds a little flair.  I picked it up in the "SPRING WATER" color which I think is a little lighter than what the website shows.

Initially, I had a Nike Winter Mock Running Shirt underneath it since the temp was in the low 40's and there was a good breeze blowing.  I had to take the turtleneck off about 1/2 through my 7 miler because it got a little too warm.  I was comfortable for the remainder of the run, but did get chilled when the wind picked back up again.  It's not a thick fleece so it doesn't hold off gusty breezes, but it is nice for cool Colorado morning runs.  Super soft.  Washes/dries well.  Would highly recommend it.  It sells for $46.50 at REI.  [Updated: Me in my REI Fleece Hoodie.]

No comments:

Post a Comment