You're in mile 18 and all you have to do is get to the next water station. Up ahead you see them. The group of happy cheering volunteers handing out half-filled paper cups of water. Only a few more steps and aawwhh! You're there! Take a break! Walk a few minutes! And enjoy the sights and sounds. You deserve it!

Monday, April 26, 2010

School Days! School Days!

If my life didn't already have enough stress...I'm now officially registered for the Summer Semester at Colorado Techincal University.  What the heck was I thinking?!  Thinking about staying gainfully employed is the primary reason.  I am going to start working as a DBA (which I know databases-need to know coding) and my company would pay for my schooling.  So here I am.  Going for another Master's. 

Is anyone else working towards a degree and do you feel it will benefit your career?

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the comment! I try to keep it all in balance and I did some back to back marathons last year and they were fine...I did one for time, the other for fun. This year, I'll only do 2 with some other races in between.
    What is the date of the Denver, Marathon?
    Thanks for visiting my blog...you're another Colorado runner?! So many of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! thanks for coming by my blog! You asked about speed and asthma... while I don't have astham I can tell you went I started running I thought I did! It took me a while to figure out breathing. I think a lot of it is mentally calming yourself down, which allows your breath to flow more naturally.

    Also try doing just 1 interval this week, then 2 next week and so on. Don't ask yourself to go crazy all out the first time.. baby step in to it so your lungs can get stronger and of course pick a time of day that isn't too high in pollen, etc

    hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete