You're in mile 18 and all you have to do is get to the next water station. Up ahead you see them. The group of happy cheering volunteers handing out half-filled paper cups of water. Only a few more steps and aawwhh! You're there! Take a break! Walk a few minutes! And enjoy the sights and sounds. You deserve it!

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Workaholic or Putz! BOTH!!

Yesterday, I was all ready to blog about my day with the BRC team.  I had my coffee and was working on the header piccy when the phone rang.  I knew who it was just as soon as it started - my part-time job.  "Can you come in this afternoon?"  Someone wanted to leave early because they had family in town and our normal replacement had found a job elsewhere.  Then the inner torment started.  "Why should they get to leave early?  Is there life more important?  Is my life that pathetic that I'm actually considering giving up my day off?  I really could use the hours.  I could do some shopping while I'm there."  As you can tell from the direction this conversation with myself, I ended up going in.  Only four hours, but now I'm waiting to go back in for four hours today (Sunday).  So my only day of relaxation was Friday and that day was spent dealing with the Vet!  I'm really in a rutt!

No comments:

Post a Comment