You're in mile 18 and all you have to do is get to the next water station. Up ahead you see them. The group of happy cheering volunteers handing out half-filled paper cups of water. Only a few more steps and aawwhh! You're there! Take a break! Walk a few minutes! And enjoy the sights and sounds. You deserve it!

Friday, May 21, 2010

My Friday Night Out!

It's been a while for me.  Sorry to say it, but I've been lurking in the background for a few days.  Getting caught up on homework (some), playing with the dogs (more), and cleaning house (a lot).  As for Fridays, I've gotten into a routine lately.  I enjoy my Friday nights curled up on the couch with the dogs, watching "What Not To Wear" (now I'm doing homework during commercials).  I'm always looking for ways to camouflage my large tookass.  Let's just say my Friday's have become comfortable.  I enjoy relaxing after a long week with my remote and my dogs.  So after hearing the dating dilemas of some co-workers this week, it made me wonder have I fallen out of the loop so much that I can't, or won't, get back into it?   Has my idea of a date become a 5K on Saturday morning? 

So to break out of my comfort zone - for lack of a better phrase-, I decided to meet up with friends at the O.C. after work.  Now I spent the day looking forward to this, but then I started to dread trying to find an outfit to wear.  Hoping I had something other than running gear to throw on when I got home.  No such luck!  Instead of my usual comfort, I was rushing around trying to figure out if what I had put on covered my large tookass without making me look like a large @ss.  I was able to find something once I said this is who I am and if they don't like it tough-nooky!  I now know why I quit going out and why I quit drinking. I swear it looked like I was at the zoo watching the peacocks during mating season.  Everyone putting on their best (until the 3-4 tequilla shot) to attract someone (or something) for the evening.  Maybe it's not that I've become too comfortable, just too smart for it.  The getting drunk acting stupid - I had enough of it years ago.  A decent conversation (without him looking at my boobs) would be nice. 

On a side note:  I now have two wardrobes - running season & off-season (or my fat clothes)!  Nothing like a trip to the local petting zoo to put you back on track!  Come on marathon training - I'm ready for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment