You're in mile 18 and all you have to do is get to the next water station. Up ahead you see them. The group of happy cheering volunteers handing out half-filled paper cups of water. Only a few more steps and aawwhh! You're there! Take a break! Walk a few minutes! And enjoy the sights and sounds. You deserve it!

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Three Changes Challenge Result

Well I guess I should report on my progress.  I said I would do the following three things:
1.  No late night eating
This is probably the most healthy thing I've done in a while.  I used to wake up in the middle of the night (old people do that cuz we have to pee!) and I would get something to eat while I waited for my dogs to potty.  Guess what - I'm sleeping through the night now.  Could be because I'm staying up later due to school or that I'm just so darn tired (or because I make sure I potty before I go to bed - getting old sucks!).  This is one change I'm sure I will stick with!

2.  Follow my workout schedule
I'm doing better on getting my workouts in.  They might not be on the exact day or the exact item scheduled, but I workout in some way each day now.  Last night was my first night of class and I don't know how much it is going to interfer with my workouts, but I did try to read my homework afterwards on the treadmill, walking of course.  Got two miles in.

3.  Get back down below a 10:30 min/mile
You know I don't really care about speed right now.  I'm more concerned with getting back to enjoying my time running and staying healthy.  I get so wrapped up in my time and speed, and I end up injured.  That just discourages me even more.  For now, I'm just enjoying my time alone with my thoughts and the miraculous things my body can do..even if it takes me two...three...four...hours!

1 comment:

  1. I agree with #3. As you get back into the swing of things your pace will get faster and faster. Plus, if you get hurt your pace goes right back down the toilet and no fun!

    ReplyDelete