You're in mile 18 and all you have to do is get to the next water station. Up ahead you see them. The group of happy cheering volunteers handing out half-filled paper cups of water. Only a few more steps and aawwhh! You're there! Take a break! Walk a few minutes! And enjoy the sights and sounds. You deserve it!

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Let the games begin!

The training plan has started.  Five miles in today with the BRC Women's Fit Team on the trail.  Lovely weather - 70+, slight overcast with some brief drizzle, and lots of new and old faces.  It was a great day to start off the 16 weeks.  I was amazed that I had 5 miles in me.  I haven't ran in almost a month I'm guessing and really didn't want to push myself, but I needed to see what I could do if I pushed it.  Oh did I push it! 

I ordered the P90X a few weeks ago, but I haven't started it.  I will just as soon as my family gets on their ways back home.  The thought of taking the before pictures or doing the fit test while they're still here gives me shivers.  I'm ready to do the workouts and want to get a PR at the Denver Marathon in October.  Determination!  Dedication!  And right now Exhaustion! 

Have you started off your training plan with good intentions and then didn't follow through?  How did it hurt or help your race?

3 comments:

  1. Way to kick it off. I hope it all goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! And I hope you kick butt in Denver! I am going to try be up there when you cross the finish line!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! Let me know if you ever want to go to Waldo Canyon as a nice enjoyable hike.

    ReplyDelete