You're in mile 18 and all you have to do is get to the next water station. Up ahead you see them. The group of happy cheering volunteers handing out half-filled paper cups of water. Only a few more steps and aawwhh! You're there! Take a break! Walk a few minutes! And enjoy the sights and sounds. You deserve it!

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Workout Videos

A few years ago, I decided I was paying the gym too much money to use their treadmill, elliptical, and weights.  Occasionally, I would use the pool or an aerobics class, but for the most part, I just used the treadmill and elliptical machines.  So I stopped paying them and bought my own set of...everything!  I have an entire home gym in my basement (every guy's dream).  I have an elliptical machine from Vision Fitness (first purchase), a treadmill from Landice (L7 - well worth the money!) and the last purchase was the Inspire M3 Home Gym ( I added the leg press attachment which brought the cost up).  All of the items are well worth it.  I don't have to drive somewhere, pay someone else for the use of broken down machines, waiting amongst other sweaty people.  I own these.  Now like most people, I don't always use them (primarily in the summer), because I like to workout outside whenever I can.  I use them a lot in the winter months. 

Well I'm getting ready to start marathon training at the end of the month.  I have already started back on my WW program to bring back down some of the weight I gained over my "downtime" since my last marathon in December.  Also, I have been reading blogs and seeing people describing video workouts they have been doing so I started looking into buying something to add to my training program.  The workout I've seen a lot is P90X.  I've looked at it before, but it seemed to be too much for what I wanted at the time.  Not now.  I really need to get my body in shape and I'm really hoping this will help.

Is anyone else using P90X or another video workout to get in shape for summer races?

1 comment:

  1. I always despised the gym. I don't really like being sweaty and gross with a bunch of other sweaty and gross people... and you're right, broken down equipment. We bought an elliptical, a bench, one of those frog kicker things, and got a freebie weight machine (the kind with square plate weights), oh, and Dad gave us his old treadmill. SO, boo to the gym, YAY to working out and home and especially running outside in the summer. :D

    ReplyDelete