You're in mile 18 and all you have to do is get to the next water station. Up ahead you see them. The group of happy cheering volunteers handing out half-filled paper cups of water. Only a few more steps and aawwhh! You're there! Take a break! Walk a few minutes! And enjoy the sights and sounds. You deserve it!

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Day One of the Recipes - Three Down!

So I decided to get up early enough to make my breakfast and lunch before work..can't get up early to go for a run, but food, I'm right there!  I have really been wondering about some of the oatmeal recipes so I got everything together to make Baked Banana Bread Oatmeal.  It was super easy to make.  The only problem I had was the 25 minutes it took to bake.  As per the directions, I was going to put it under the broiler, but threw everything in a bowl and poured milk over it instead.  I would have taken a picture of it, but it was gone too fast. 

For lunch, I put some Aidells Habenero and Green Chili Sausages in a grill pan and cooked them until they were blackened on two sides.  I added canned corn and deli potato salad as sides.  I wrapped the sausage in a whole wheat tortilla instead of a bun and ate it plain.  The spices of the sausage were enough.  Safeway was having a sale on some really good potato salad - I would have made my own, but that takes a lot of time - to take the place of the homemade kind Kristin made.

For dinner, I started to think about the Tuna Casserole and quickly turned to the Tortilla Egg Scramble because it looked easier to get made before I starved to death.  I got so caught up into getting to the eatin' part that I forgot to put green onions on top of it before I took the piccy.  I used store bought salsa which worked out fine.   It was my first time cutting up an avocado.  Yeah I can hear you laughing.  I even had to ask a lady at the store how to buy one.  This stuff was delicious and I even made more than necessary so I can have some tomorrow - don't know if it will be as good then but it's worth a try.  Two thumbs up on this one!

1 comment:

  1. I'm not laughing. I didn't cut my first avocado until June--right after we got back from Mexico. I'd always liked guacamole, but I had never made it and never eaten just plain ol' avocado until it was served on the side of my salad in Mexico. I can't believe what I've been missing all these years!!! I've been buying them weekly ever since we got back!

    ReplyDelete