You're in mile 18 and all you have to do is get to the next water station. Up ahead you see them. The group of happy cheering volunteers handing out half-filled paper cups of water. Only a few more steps and aawwhh! You're there! Take a break! Walk a few minutes! And enjoy the sights and sounds. You deserve it!

Monday, July 5, 2010

Good Advice

I've been sitting here for most of the day trying to come to terms with the fact that my dog's cancer has come back.  We'd nap for a few and I'd think it was all a dream.  I'd look at her next to me with her front leg shaved from her chemo treatment this morning.  And it's all there in front of me again.  I hated the look on her face when I picked her up today.  The 'why me' look was back.  I'm so sorry puppy. 

As I was trying to make it through today, I surfed the blog world.  I came across a runner's blog with some good advice on self defense.  It had some good points so I thought I would pass it along.  Visit Wendy and read her post The Devil Drives A Red 4-Wheeler for some info on self defense.  Her husband has his black belt in Taekwondo and offers 7 tips on what to do. 

Well me and the Jers are going to bed.  She's giving me the sleeping puppy dog eyes because she hates when I'm on the puter - ignoring her - so I get the face.  Night y'all!

5 comments:

  1. Ohhhh... I'm so sorry for your puppy. :( If it helps at all, Suzanne's dog, Phantom, had cancer and went through all the treatments and he's ok now. I'm sure your big woofer will be a-ok too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry about your pup...tough stuff. Thanks for the tip on the self defense.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry. Hugs, kisses, and ear rubs to you and Jersey. Take care of yourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by my blog : ) So sorry to hear about your puppy! We have a Black Lab, it would be hard to go through what you are going through!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry to hear about your poor puppy. I love my two dogs as if they are my children, and I would be devastated if something happened to them. I wish you and your pup all the best.

    ReplyDelete