You're in mile 18 and all you have to do is get to the next water station. Up ahead you see them. The group of happy cheering volunteers handing out half-filled paper cups of water. Only a few more steps and aawwhh! You're there! Take a break! Walk a few minutes! And enjoy the sights and sounds. You deserve it!

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

GREEN MONSTER ALERT!

Chef Note:  Thanks to Kristin over at Iowa Girl Eats for the recipe!

In the mix:

• 1/2 scoop vanilla whey protein powder

• 1/2 Tablespoon chia seeds  (I didn't put these in because I couldn't find them)

• 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond breeze

• 1 Tablespoon almond butter

• 1 frozen banana

• enough spinach to fill the blender to the top!

I was very skeptical about this recipe.  She said it doesn't taste like spinach.  I just kept looking at her pictures of the blender with all of that green!  So I've had this frozen banana in my fridge for about a week now just tempting me to try it.  I picked up some more almond butter last night and this morning decided it was time.  This stuff is really good.  I don't even taste one bit of the spinach.  Trust me!  Try it!

7 comments:

  1. AFter you keep drinking them for awhile you'll start to get all kinds of creative... I had broccoli in mine this morning and totally can't taste it

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does sound great. One of these days I'm going to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am afraid of Green Monsters! Not quite brave enough to try them yet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, love the green monster. So yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been drinking green smoothies every day since June 1st. Obviously, I love them. ;)
    You are absolutely right about different breeds getting bad raps. I am a firm believer in this. That kind of why I stopped and got out of my car to sort of assess him. He wasn't interested in my help. It made me sad to leave him out there. Thanks for stopping by. Yes, Boomer is the *best* running partner I've ever had. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just noticed on your profile that you've done the CMM too! How cool was that one!!? I did that half this year, and I felt just AWFUL for the marathoners because they swept them off the course and didn't let them finish because of severe weather. Can't wait to do it again next year in better weather!

    ReplyDelete
  7. 96 in April?! Daaaaaaaaang!!! There's that crazy TN weather for you! It's always a craps shot here. It was only in the mid-70s this year.

    ReplyDelete