You're in mile 18 and all you have to do is get to the next water station. Up ahead you see them. The group of happy cheering volunteers handing out half-filled paper cups of water. Only a few more steps and aawwhh! You're there! Take a break! Walk a few minutes! And enjoy the sights and sounds. You deserve it!

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Remember this is my opinion! Go get your own!

Well yesterday I got the larger size of my golden slippers, a.k.a. Puma Complete Velosis, and I tried them on immediately.  They felt good.  Still felt like my toe was hitting something - see what I discovered later.  Unfortunately, I had homework to do and I couldn't try them out last night. 

Today, I came home to find the other model I bought to try out which happens to be the same one in an updated version - Puma Complete Velosis I in screaming turquoise (see piccy at right).  This one felt larger than the other and wider in the toe box.  I decided I would try it out first.  The cushion in it felt great.  Like some of the Adidas shoes I've had in the past like the Boston Classic.  However, for some reason, my right foot (the weird one) didn't like them and I turned back after just over a mile. 

I immediately switched over to the golden slippers and took off again.  They felt great.  Not a problem other than that toe thing so I stopped to see if my toe was actually hitting the end of the shoe or what.  It looks like I'm raising up my big toe just enough to brush up against the seam right where the mesh upper meets the leather.  Not a big deal.  Did a speedy .5 to check them out and called it a night. 

So the decision is to stay with the original choice of the Puma Complete Velosis in one full size up from my normal size (8 to a 9).  Happy running!

No comments:

Post a Comment