You're in mile 18 and all you have to do is get to the next water station. Up ahead you see them. The group of happy cheering volunteers handing out half-filled paper cups of water. Only a few more steps and aawwhh! You're there! Take a break! Walk a few minutes! And enjoy the sights and sounds. You deserve it!

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Two more recipes down!

Well my breakfast was quick and easy and OH MY GOODNESS so yummy!  I threw together a Cottage Cheese, Yogurt and Fruit Parfait.  It is layered with 1/2 cup cottage cheese (I used 2% small curd), Chobani Greek Raspberry yogurt (1 serving), and a sliced banana.  The recipe called for a diced peach on top, but I was in a hurry and decided I would save it for a later date.  My lunch was something called the "Kitchen Sink" salad.  And that's exactly what it is - everything but the kitchen sink.  I used baby greens, cubed chicken, shredded cheese, dried cranberries, sliced carrots, sliced amonds and balsamic & vinegar dressing.  No recipe is necessary though you can find examples on Kristin's blog.  Me - I just put whatever I felt like having into a bowl and out the door!  Dinner was leftover Tortilla Egg Scramble - not bad the second day.  Just microwaved to warm up the chips and eggs.  Top with salsa, cheese, etc. 

2 comments:

  1. Yummy blog recipes, I love the scramble one, must try it! I'm new to your blog and I just love it!
    meg

    ReplyDelete