You're in mile 18 and all you have to do is get to the next water station. Up ahead you see them. The group of happy cheering volunteers handing out half-filled paper cups of water. Only a few more steps and aawwhh! You're there! Take a break! Walk a few minutes! And enjoy the sights and sounds. You deserve it!

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Had to Run Fast...Just keep moving!

I really enjoy my Saturday training runs with the team.  The group is motivating and challenging.  And just a lot of fun.  There are all different types of runners:  fast ones, walk/runners and slow ones like me.  Today though, I had to work at the mall and needed to finish my 12 mile run in a short amount of time.  I really had to push myself: one to make time and two because I am so darn tired.  Between the puppy keeping me up and the lack of my favorite addiction item - Diet Pepsi - which I haven't had over the last two days, I'm just plain dragging butt.  And still it's a lot of butt.  With the help of the group and bypassing a race on the trail, I was able to make good time.  I stayed under a 12 min/mile.  Pretty good for someone 20 pounds overweight.  When I finished, my coach gave me a doggy picture frame for my birthday.  Too nice!  I think I'll put a picture of Jersey in it for next to her ashes. 

Then I seriously had to rush home, took time to play with the dogs, got dressed, pottied the pupster, drove to the mall...only to find out they had called me off!  Note to self - check phone messages!  So I did what any other woman would do at the mall, I went shopping.  Penney's was having a good deal on some motivating t-shirts for $10 each so I got three.  After a trip to Target for more things to occupy the puppy, I was headed back home for a nap or two or three.

I did something I haven't done in years.  I slept in a lounge chair in the back yard and let me tell you, it was so relaxing (in between puppy barks).  I have been so worried over the last few days and nights about her going in the house that I haven't been able to get fully asleep so what better way to solve this than to move the bed outdoors.  We've spent the majority of the afternoon in the back yard and Summer is beat.  She's crashed out on the floor now.  This has been our first full (almost) day together.  Now I'm crossing my fingers she sleeps through the night. 

**For more puppy humor, check out My Furry Children page.**

3 comments:

  1. LOL! I love that poem. Oh, the stories I could tell on mine! That line about ripping the stuffing from the chair kind of hit close to home for me...

    http://29goingon29again.blogspot.com/2010/05/want-to-trade.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now when I am able to start training again, you are really setting the bar for me!
    I am glad you were able to get in a nap. I cheat at night with Freddie, I make my boys sleep in a "pen" with Freddie that way we all get a good nights sleep and Freddie doesn't get into to much trouble!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm slightly addicted to Sprite, but I only let myself have it once in a while. I've had dreams about it. : )

    ReplyDelete