- There are never enough hours in the day for every thing I need or want to do. By the end of the day, I have to flip a coin on what I will wrap up the day with...run or workout or crash?!?! I can hear you say it - why don't you do your workouts in the morning? - and to that I say, I am not a morning person! I have to ease my way into my day - wake up, potty (pooches then me), feed (pooches then me), coffee (none for pooches), get clothes ready, etc.
- I own way too many pairs of running shoes and none of them are working for me right now. I've been rotating between a few and it seems to be working, but I'd really like to try those Somnio custom ones.
- Puppies take up a lot of your time and act like newborn children. Which is probably why I don't have kids. You can't put kids out in the back yard while you get your run in at 8 p.m. Well you could but Focus on the Family would be pounding on your door with a few questions from their spokesman Tim Tebow and we don't want to make him cry (again - Roll Tide!).
- The minute you want to do something without anyone seeing it is the moment someone sees you. Case in point: I was trying out a new RunLove Fleurs running skirt over my own capris with some difficulties. It was riding up and becoming a belt. Now this might have been a fashion statement in the 80's, but at this moment it was a big fashion don't. So after a mile, I decided I was going to take it off. I looked around...no one nearby...squatted like I was stretching...still no one...bent over to pull it off and stood up...And who was driving by?! A sheriff! Never one around when you need one, but wham when you don't!
- There is a point when a parent (human or pet) is not grossed out by anything. Back in the 90's, I remember watching a friend pull back her daughter's diaper with her fingers to check it and I was totally grossed out. Today I spent over an hour standing in the back yard waiting with a spoon and plastic bag to get a "sample" for the vet. The things I've cleaned up over the last month would make most people gag, but I have no problems 'cuz I love my furry children.
|Just the hall closet...more in the bedroom!|