You're in mile 18 and all you have to do is get to the next water station. Up ahead you see them. The group of happy cheering volunteers handing out half-filled paper cups of water. Only a few more steps and aawwhh! You're there! Take a break! Walk a few minutes! And enjoy the sights and sounds. You deserve it!

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Chemo Round 2 - Update (not good)

My little Jersey is not sitting next to me tonight.  She's at the Emergency vet for an overnight stay.  She had a really bad reaction to her chemo and she "crashed" about 4:30 this afternoon.  These photos are from today and show how tired / dehydrated she was as her vomiting continued thru from last night into today.  I tried everything to make her comfortable, but when she started whining, I knew she was in some serious pain.  So off to the vet - kudos to the techs at High Plains Vet Hospital & Dr. Anne Pierce - where her white blood cell count was up and her pulse was over 200 for most of the visit.  She got meds and oxygen, and some bad vet tech humor...But she wasn't ready to come home yet.  Which is why she's at the 24 hour vet.  She's getting more meds/fluids/bad vet tech humor!  She was cutting some serious Zzz's when I left her and that's a good sign - both she and I haven't had much sleep the last 24.  I'll know more in the morning. 

"Can we pretend that airplanes in the night sky are like shooting stars
I could really use a wish right now, a wish right now, a wish right now
Can we pretend that airplanes in the night sky are like shooting stars
I could really use a wish right now, a wish right now, a wish right now"

Airplanes lyrics © Artist Publishing Group West; J Franks Publishing; Kinetics & One Love

1 comment:

  1. Awww :( I'm so sorry for both of you!! Sending warm fuzzies your way!!

    ReplyDelete