You're in mile 18 and all you have to do is get to the next water station. Up ahead you see them. The group of happy cheering volunteers handing out half-filled paper cups of water. Only a few more steps and aawwhh! You're there! Take a break! Walk a few minutes! And enjoy the sights and sounds. You deserve it!

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Running & Rambling

The flowers were received on Saturday from my vet and the staff at High Plains Vet Hospital.  I thought it was very sweet of them to take the time. 

Bright & early, I did a nice 13 mile run on Saturday morning.  Nice, meaning I got through it without breaking down and crying even once.  I thought I was going to on the way to the run, but once I got there and started running with the group - some of which already knew about Jersey - I felt better.  I got wrapped up in my thoughts and just kept going on and on.  She would have wanted it that way. 

I spent the rest of the day up in Denver trying to locate a new puppy.  Waiting in the long lines at PetCo for the puppy rescue, but no luck since I got there just as things were kicking off.  People start lining up for it at 6 a.m. and the event doesn't start until 11!  They had 4 Rottie mixes and one by one they left.  I even told my story to 2 girls standing next to me and what do they go in and pick?!  One of the Rotties!  Bitches!  There was another lady who had lost her German Shephard on Friday to cancer.  It has not been a good weekend!  She got a puppy though.
Off to MaxFund rescue to see their mixed breed puppy.  A Rottie/Hound mix.  It never slowed down and kept chewing on my fingers.  She was cute and I took the papers to turn in to be approved to take her home.  However, I needed something over the weekend and they said it would take 3-4 days to get through the approval process.  Also I needed to bring my other dog up to their facility to see how Scout would react.  Now don't get me wrong, I love my Scout "Foofer", but the thought of an hour + drive up and hour + drive back and I still wouldn't know if I had the puppy made me really think about the whole process. 

So I got home late Sat. and started doing some more searching.  I looked at Rotties, Labs, Weimerieners...Rottles (Rottie crossed w/ a Standard Poodle)!  I got a response from Double D Puppies.  They had 3 Rottie females available right now.  So I went out today to see them and well...the picture says it all.  The quietest one with the biggest feet came home with me.  She's shy and doesn't have a name yet.  I'm leaning towards Summer, but I'm open to suggestions - please!  Scout has mixed opinions still since the puppy thinks her tail is pull toy.  But I think they're going to get along fine.

All is good in the household for now.  Vet check on Tuesday to see if there are any issues with the puppy.  Classes start this week for the second summer session.  Things are looking better for all of us.  Thanks again to everyone who offered their thoughts & prayers about Jersey.  I still miss her, everyday, but she's happy and healthy, and waiting for me at the Rainbow Bridge. 

4 comments:

  1. What an emotional roller coaster you have been on! The new pup is sooo cute! My neighbor just got a rottie pup this spring and she's such a sweetie--amazing how quickly they grow too! Good luck with her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When Lucy died last summer I said it would be a long time before I healed enough to get another dog. A week later I was scouring Petfinder. Two weeks later, we adopted Bella. Seven months later, we adopted Harley. In no way does it replace the one you lost, but it does help with the grieving and healing. Congrats on your new addition. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. we had to make a choice to say good bye to my dear friend Frisco last year and it was so much harder than i could have ever imagined. I knew that the right thing for me was to get another pet soon and it did help...though the other cat was not so sure about why i brought someone else home.

    It's a journey and I hope each day gets a little easier as you share your love with the new little one

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jersey has a new friend to wait with until we get there! Your strength is helping me right now.I hope Scout gets used to the new little one and enjoys her as much as I hope you do.

    ReplyDelete