You're in mile 18 and all you have to do is get to the next water station. Up ahead you see them. The group of happy cheering volunteers handing out half-filled paper cups of water. Only a few more steps and aawwhh! You're there! Take a break! Walk a few minutes! And enjoy the sights and sounds. You deserve it!

Friday, October 15, 2010

Only Doing the Half!

It took a lot of going back and forth on this and I'm just not in it this time.  My feet feel fine, but my mind just isn't in it.  Maybe it's just taper jitters.  Maybe I'm scared.  Maybe a cute friend from high school is in town and I'd much rather hang out with him.  (I'd go with the last one!)  I really just want to have fun.  After everything I've been through, I deserve a little hooting and hollering!  Race recap to follow.

8 comments:

  1. You know...a 1/2 isn't anything to sneeze at. Ya gotta respect the distance. At the same time, you should definitely go out and have fun. I haven't been following long, but it seems like you've had ahelluva year and deserve a good time. I say, go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That last reason sounds like a dang good reason to me!!!

    Have fun and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Only a half, silly girl a half is still a long way and a great satisify race distance!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd go run 13.1 then hang out with the cutie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Half is a tough distance. have fun

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for the mug!!!!! I received it this morning, and it MADE MY DAY! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete